1. Try not to complain about Barry’s behavior in nonproductive ways. Ask for what I need (please come watch TV with me) not complain about what he does (you never hang out with me). Make no comments that denigrate who he is. No shreeker monkey.
2. Give up sugar.
I want to just not eat any candy, cookies, or SODA until I weigh less than 200 lbs.
3. Attend a professional sporting event. (also with the boys)
4. Try 24 new vegetables.
5. Read 50 NEW (not rereads) books. (at least 10 adult, at least 5 "classics", 100 total books).
6. Write a letter once a month.
7. Once a month socializing with someone not related to me.
8. Do a 5k.
9. Read a book with Ledger every single day.
If he is gone at Grandma’s for over 24 hours that I fine, but if I see him I want to read to him. This is slipping in our routine because I am tired, and I don’t want it to.
10. Go somewhere overnight alone. Breathe deeply.
11. Don’t spend any money in January. Or the rest of the year.
Abigail will buy groceries, I will pay the bills, and Barry has agreed to fill my car with gas. I’m gonna put my debit/credit cards away. We need to tighten up eating out and groceries. With credit cards, bank loans, car loans, and student loans we are almost $40,000 in debt. I want that to be less than $20,000 one year from today. This is doable if nothing goes wrong, and that’s totally possible, right?
12. Paint Ledger’s room.
13. DO one nice thing for Barry every week. Work on strengthening my marriage with less talking. Do it without expecting gratitude.
14. Go Camping! (with the boys)
15. Try 3 new exercises. (activities like yoga, not exercises like squats or something)
16. Organize an area or room and make a box for goodwill every month. Hopefully this will make my home less cluttered.
17. Invite a new friend out to lunch.
18. Help a stranger once a month. If I don’t have time to volunteer at the pantry, I can still donate something, pay for someone’s lunch, pick up trash, etc.
I want to expand my world this year. Barry, Ledger, my health, and my job are important parts of my life, but it feels like I’ve closed off a bit this year. He’s getting bigger. New people, new things, new ideas….broadening.