In October of 2009 I weighed 230 pounds. My job was offering a lunch hour Weight Watchers program at the office and they were picking up the tab for half of the cost. I joined and worked the program, which is basically just counting calories. I lost 35 pounds by March 2010. Then I dropped out. And slowly put a little back on at a time.
On December 1st, 2010 I was back to 210. And then...I lost my mind and vacuumed up every potato chip, taco, coke and cookie in the entire state of Texas. On New Years Day I was 225 pounds.
So here is the thing, I've never been thin. I am a librarian with a pretty sedentary lifestyle and a fear of vegetables. I don't even want to be thin. Here is what I want.....I want to be able to walk around Paris with my husband when I am forty. I want my clothes to fit. I don't want that hideous fat roll. And I want to be able to get off the floor to chase my 2 year old.
I know that I can do it, I've done it before. It just takes paying attention to what I eat for awhile and moving my body more on purpose. So here is what I am doing.
1. I gave up all processed sugars for the 3 months of the contest. COKES! cookies, candy,
2. I am adding vegetables, trying to eat two servings a day.
3. I am doing some form of exercise 3 times a week. Right now it is a walk, but I hope to improve the value of the work over the next few weeks.
4. I am doing the biggest blogging loser contest to give me some motivation.
Here is what I am not doing:
1. I am not giving up dinner with my family. My sister cooks our dinners, so it is usually kid appropriate, which usually includes a normal level of cheese, sour cream, or bread. So I try to keep my portions small and do really well for the rest of the day.
I want to be strong. I want to be healthy. And I really want to be a good example to my son. So here we go.